Outsourcing agreement – includes IR35 April 2021 changes. Read the next bit
WHY SHOULD I USE THIS OUTSOURCING AGREEMENT?
If you are asking someone to help, you need to make sure that they understand exactly what you have in mind. You want to avoid problems. We make this easy for with your standard terms and a separate Project Schedule (a simple document you complete for each individual Project or ‘job’) helps you make sure that this happens.
When you are ready to work with any freelancer/outsourcer, you’ll know that the legal stuff is all sorted in your standard terms. All you need to do is
- complete the Project Schedule to confirm the basics (what work you need and how much you’ll pay) for this particular project or ‘job’ and
- include the terms which you’ve already sorted.
Need to change the standard terms for this freelancer? It’s easy to do in the Project Schedule. After all, who wants to waste time with difficult legal documents?
HOW DOES IT HELP ME?
It makes hiring someone to help you a pleasure and not a nightmare.
With our easy to use documents you can start by getting the important details in place on the main things which will always be the same. Things like general obligations and responsibilities including making sure you get invoices or deciding how you will pay (e.g. Bank Transfer). You can also protect your business. So, not creating an employment relationship when you don’t mean to. You can then forget about it.
WHAT DO I GET?
You get two documents.
(1) Outsourcing Terms which covers the stuff you need to agree once. IR35 criteria checks (to avoid the freelancer/outsourcer being classed as your employee) and not creating employment relationships. It also covers other important things like:
- General obligations and responsibilities
- Standards of work
- Who owns what.
(2) Project Schedule – use this each time you want some new work. Simply include the details for the project (what work, how much). Send it by email, wait for the freelancer to agree – job done!
Using both these documents together creates a legal agreement for that project only. It makes it easier to hire someone to get help in your business. Minimise the potential for problems.
You can also make sure that you get the work you want and done exactly as you need it to be.
It might sound a bit complicated at first, but it works really well in practice – one standard terms plus Project Schedules gets the job done. We give you guidance notes so you can make sure that you have documents which will work for you and the business who you hire to help.
Build up great relationships. Get the work you need done with minimum fuss.
HOW TO USE THIS IR35 OUTSOURCING AGREEMENT
Both the terms and the Project Schedule are easy to use MS Word documents which you download. They are written in plain English by qualified lawyers. Both come with guidance notes, so they are easy to complete.
NEED MORE DOCUMENTS?
Have you thought about using an NDA before you start working with another business?